Extremely simple, fantastically efficient
The patented OSSBERGER® Crossflow Turbine is made for heads of between 2.5 and 200 meters. We have developed this turbine type especially for small hydropower. Currently, it is available with outputs of up to 5 megawatts. It starts producing energy with a very small quantity of water already and outstandingly deals with varying flows. This can be achieved with two cells inside the turbine working independently of one another. Only 5% of the design flow are needed for the smaller cell to start the turbine.
Therefore, OSSBERGER® Crossflow Turbines are in operation almost all year round, and even when other turbine types have already stopped.
Concentrating on the essentials makes the original OSSBERGER® Crossflow Turbine very robust. Lifetimes of several decades are the rule. The secret of its success is simplicity: only three moveable parts ensure minimal maintenance and highest technical reliability.
H = 2.5 to 200 m
N = 15 to 5 000 kW
Q = 0.04 to 13 m³/s
We configure every plant precisely and individually following the requirements of your project.
The most convincing features of the original are:
- Highly efficient use of strongly varying flows
- Proverbial simplicity (only three moveable parts)
- No axial thrust (low-maintenance bearings)
- Drop weights are installed for a reliable emergency shut down, no DC current supply is consequently required
- Self-cleaning effect of the runner
- Quick amortization
- Small construction work
- Time-saving and simple installation
- High availability
- Minimal maintenance without special tools
- No standstill caused by external influences
- Extremely low spare part requirements
- Considerable advance in efficiency compared to copied products
- Calibrated and hydraulically perfect guide vanes
- Maintenance-free guide vane bearings
- Runner design optimized with regard to flow hydraulics
- Long-lasting grease-lubricated runner bearings
- Maintenance-free shaft seals
- Industrial components for a long service life